Nicola Whitley: (603) 271-3211
Jay Martin: (603) 271-3211
March 17, 2020
Concord, NH – In response to the public health concerns associated with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has cancelled all of its public hearings, meetings, classes and trainings, and events, including Discover WILD New Hampshire Day, through the end of April. The status of the Department’s events beyond this date will be reassessed and possibly extended. Effective immediately, the following events have been cancelled:
- Discover WILD New Hampshire Day
- All visits to the Discovery Room at Headquarters in Concord
- Wildlife Control Operator Training
- The April NH Fish and Game Commission Meeting
- All Trails for People and Wildlife Workshops
- 2020 Spring Mentored Turkey-Hunting Program
- All Hunter Education Classes
- All Let’s Go Fishing Classes
- Great Bay Discovery Center Volunteer Educator Training
- Stewards and Wonders of Wildlife Docent Programs
- Waterfowl Season Setting Meeting
- All previously scheduled 2020-2021 Wildlife Rule Proposal Hearings*
*The rulemaking proceeding itself has not been withdrawn. New dates for public hearings will be set when guidelines are issued for the conduct of meetings of more than 50 persons. New dates for the closure of written and electronic comments on the rules will also be issued at that time. In the meantime, we continue to encourage the filing of electronic comments at email@example.com.
The complete rulemaking notice is available on the Fish and Game Proposed Rules page at www.wildnh.com/legislative/proposed-rules.html.
The Department currently remains open to the public for license purchases. Staff will continue to provide all other services including law enforcement needs. All boat access sites (except for Downing’s Landing, which is under construction) and all Wildlife Management Areas managed by Fish and Game remain open to the public.
Please visit www.wildnh.com for further updates.
To learn more about COVID-19 in New Hampshire, visit https://www.nh.gov/covid19/index.html.