Paul Sanderson, Esq.: (603) 271-1136
Jay Martin: (603) 271-3211
November 26, 2019
CONCORD, NH – The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department will hold two public hearings on Monday, December 9 at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. at New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Headquarters, 11 Hazen Drive in Concord, NH.
At 10:00 a.m. the Department will hear public comment on the proposal to adopt Fis 700, a new set of rules to implement RSA 212-C on Wildlife Trafficking Prevention covering species such as elephant, rhinoceros, tiger, lion, and other species listed as endangered by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species. Fis 701 adopts definitions, Fis 702-704 describe conduct that violates the statute and how disputes will be referred to a court for adjudication. If the Department receives items that are covered by this law, Fis 703 describes how the items are received and Fis 704 describes how the property will be used, loaned for use, transferred to others, or destroyed.
At 1:00 p.m. the Department will hear public comment on the proposal to adopt changes to Fis 1500, covering Off-Highway Recreation Vehicles (OHRVs) and Snowmobiles. The proposal implements various laws passed in the 2019 legislative session, including Chapters 93, 97, 216, 241, and 294 which have made changes to requirements for the registration and operation of OHRVs and snowmobiles. The changes include:
- How a registrant may prove residency.
- The repeal of the option to purchase a 14-month registration for an OHRV; references to the option are removed from the rule.
- Fis 1502.10, Fis 1502.11, Fis 1502.12, Fis 1503.01, Fis 1503.03, Fis 1503.05, Fis 1503.06, Fis 1504.01, and Fis 1505.01 are changed to incorporate revised Departmental forms by reference.
- Fis 1503.04 and new Fis 1504.041 are changed to implement new requirements for the registration of antique snowmobiles, OHRVs, and trail bikes.
- Fis 1504.02 changes the date of termination of an annual dealer license from July 1 to April 30, and Fis 1505.02 changes the date of termination of an annual rental agent license from July 1 to April 30, to reflect the change in registration year adopted in Chapter 241.
- Fis 1507.01 and Fis 1507.02 insert new prohibitions against the use of a decal assigned to a different machine.
- Fis 1509.01 and Fis 1509.02 are changed to update reciprocity with neighboring states.
- Fis 1510.03(b) is changed to incorporate new safety standards adopted in statute.
The initial proposal and rulemaking notices may be viewed at www.wildnh.com/legislative/proposed-rules.html (select either “Fis 700 Wildlife Trafficking Rules” or “Fis 1109.12, Fis 1500 OHRV Rules”).
Written public comments on the proposals may be submitted until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, December 16, 2019. Written comments may be mailed to the NH Fish and Game Department, Paul Sanderson, Esq., 11 Hazen Dr., Concord, NH, 03301, faxed to (603) 271-5829, or e-mailed to email@example.com.