Tanya Haskell: (603) 271-3511
Jay Martin: (603) 271-3211
October 10, 2019
CONCORD, NH — Do you know an individual or an organization that has made a difference to New Hampshire’s wildlife, fisheries, or open land? If so, honor them with a nomination for a New Hampshire Fish and Game Commission Award of Excellence. Nominations are due by December 31.
Each year the Commission recognizes deserving individuals and organizations for outstanding achievements that help further the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department’s mission. There are seven different award categories; select the one that best fits your nominee.
To nominate a person or organization for one of these awards, download the nomination form at www.wildnh.com/about/documents/awards-of-excellence.pdf. Forms are also available at Fish and Game offices, or you can call (603) 271-3511 to request one by mail.
Send your nomination package, postmarked no later than December 31, 2019 to: Commission Awards Program, NH Fish and Game Department, c/o Tanya Haskell, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301. Electronic submissions are not accepted. Posthumous nominations are welcomed.
The seven award categories are:
- Ellis R. Hatch Jr. Commission Award of Excellence – Recognizes an individual, group, organization, club, foundation, or agency that has excelled in efforts to promote, enhance, or benefit fish, wildlife, marine resources, or the Department’s mission.
- Youth Conservationist – Awards an individual, 18 years of age or younger, who has excelled in efforts to benefit fish, wildlife, marine resources, or the Department’s mission.
- Communication – Honors an outdoor communicator, writer, or media source that has authored or published articles or materials beneficial to public understanding about fish, wildlife, or marine resources as they relate to the Department’s mission. The Communication award is judged on fairness, accuracy, timeliness, balance, and quality of reporting.
- Conservation Organization – Recognizes any organization, group, foundation, or agency that has excelled in efforts to enhance the welfare of fish, wildlife, and marine resources, and in supporting achievement of the Department’s mission. Recipients will be judged on their efforts to promote the wise use of natural resources for their recreational or economic value.
- Volunteer – Honors an individual who, as a volunteer with the Department, has excelled in efforts to support and achieve Fish and Game’s mission.
- Habitat Stewardship – Recognizes an organization, non-governmental entity, individual, or corporation that has excelled in the enhancement, conservation, or creation of land management practices beneficial to New Hampshire’s fish, wildlife, marine resources, and the Department’s mission.
- Landowner Appreciation – Salutes an individual who has excelled in preserving or enhancing opportunities for public use on private property, furthering Fish and Game’s mission.
To see examples of those honored in past years, and to learn more about the Commission Awards, visit www.wildnh.com/about/commission-awards.html.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is the guardian of the state’s fish, wildlife, and marine resources, and their habitats. Visit www.wildnh.com.