Doug Grout: (603) 868-1095
Paul Sanderson: (603) 271-3511
August 13, 2018
CONCORD, NH — The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department will hold a public hearing on proposed marine fishing rules on Tuesday, September 4, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., at the Urban Forestry Center, 45 Elwyn Road, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
At the hearing, the Department will be taking public comment on a variety of proposed rules including:
- Allowing possession of striped bass fillets at sea and on shore under certain conditions.
- An amendment clarifying who must abide by the commercial minimum size limit for Jonah crabs.
- An amendment to the marine aquaculture rules regarding competing aquaculture applications.
- Requiring the immediate release of all fish caught in Berry Brook in Rye.
- Definitions for the terms “commercial fishing,” “recreational fishing,” and “total length” of a fish.
The complete rulemaking notice and initial proposal with original and proposed rule language can be viewed at www.wildnh.com/marine.
Written comments may be sent to: email@example.com (use subject line “Comments on Marine Rules”); or write to Executive Director, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301; or fax to (603) 271-5829. Comments must be received by September 12, 2018.